Sometimes we need to upload a large size of file to any site but it becomes annoying when the file is excessively large enough beyond the upload limit of file sharing sites . For instance, Gmail allow us only to upload maximum of 25MB per file . In that case, if we want to send a file which is more than 25 MB, then we have to split that file in parts such that each part should not have size more than that of 25 MB . Then we can easily upload those splitted parts and send them to anyone.
The another benefit of splitting file before uploading mainly comes into effect for dial up connection users . Dial up connection mainly gives slow speed or even gets disconnected at irregular intervals . Think about the a situation when you are uploading a large file and at 97 percent or so of complete uploading, you internet gets disconnected and all your bandwidth as well as time & energy go in vain . In that case, uploading small sized file will save the time compared to large file .
So here we are sharing a tutorial teaching How to split the big files using Winrar.
Follow simple steps givan below-
- Select and Right click on the file you want to Split.
- Select Add to Archive option. See screenshot-
- Then a window will open from Winrar.
- At the bottom there is a Tab saying “Spilt to Volume,Bytes”
- In the box enter a figure. Remember you have to enter the value in bytes and you have to use .rar extension only.
- Here I want to split in 500MB so i have written 524288000 bytes. See sreenshot-
- Finally click OK and your file will be split into your requested number of files.